CHECKOUT IS REQUIRED AFTER HUNTING IS COMPLETE REGARDLESS OF HUNT SUCCESS.
Area open to Hunting on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays Only.
Area is restricted to Shotgun with slugs or pellets and Archery Only. No muzzleloaders, centerfire or rimfire firearms allowed.
5089 CR 2925
Independence, KS 67301
GPS: N37 11.337 W95 57.812
Manager: Darin Porter
The Berentz-Dick Wildlife Area is also know as the "Buffalo Ranch". See the property's webpage at: http://kdwpt.state.ks.us/KDWPT-Info/Locations/Wildlife-Areas/Region-5/Berentz-Dick-Buffalo-Ranch
- The area is open to hunting on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays only.
- Hunting is limited to shotgun with slugs or pellets and archery only. No muzzleloaders, centerfire or rimfire firearms are allowed.
- The area is open to fishing and hiking every day. Fishing is allowed on area ponds and statewide restrictions are in place.
- Horseback riding is allowed on Sundays and Mondays only, but is closed during all firearms deer seasons. Special restrictions are in place for horseback riders.
- All off-road vehicles are prohibited.
- Camping is restricted to two parking areas.
- No open fires are allowed, due to the large expanses of grassland.
Special Features: The Buffalo Ranch gets it name locally from the herd of Buffalo that were held on the ranch in the 1950's.
For more information go to KDWPT's Berentz-Dick (Buffalo Ranch) Wildlife Area Web page.