CHECKOUT IS REQUIRED AFTER HUNTING IS COMPLETE REGARDLESS OF HUNT SUCCESS.
All of Cheyenne Bottoms Wildlife Area is Designated NON-TOXIC SHOT!
- Pool 2 - 3242 acres SOUTHEAST PORTION OF THE POOL IS REFUGE
- Pool 3A - 790 acres
- Pool 3B - 1340 acres
- Pool 4A - 2039 acres
- Pool 4B - 672 acres
- Pool 5 - 1468 acres: EASTERN 2/3's OF THE POOL IS OPEN FOR HUNTING IN TEAL SEASON ONLY
- Handi-capped blind - Reservation Only
- Special Hunt Blind
- Mitigation Marsh - Youth Hunting
- Cheyenne Bottoms Wildlife Area (Undefined)
204 NE 60 Road
Great Bend, KS 67530
GPS: 38 26 57.5 98 44 13.9
24 hr current conditions Phone: 620-793-7730
Area Office Phone: 620-793-3066
Area Wildlife Manager: Karl Grover
View the live web cam of Cheyenne Bottoms Wildlife Area.
- Vehicles are permitted only on established roads and parking areas. Driving off roads or on roads closed by sign or barrier is prohibited.
- Camping is permitted only in the primitive campground located 1/2 mile west of the area office.
- The use of watercraft is restricted to minimize disturbance to the wildlife and to ensure a more aesthetically pleasing experience for all visitors. Watercraft are not permitted in the refuge areas. During the waterfowl season, in-water propeller-driven boats and hand powered boats can be utilized in Pools 2, 3 and 4. Airboats are not allowed at any time. Outside the waterfowl season, only hand-powered boats are allowed. From April 15 to August 15, hand powered watercraft are not permitted between 10 A.M. and 5 P.M. Life jacket laws will be enforced.
- Littering is prohibited. Take all trash with you.
- Boats, decoys, ammunition, binoculars and other supplies are not available at the area office.
- The Mitigation Marsh, located in the southeast portion of the Wildlife Area, is managed as a youth hunting area. It is open to hunters less than 16 years old hunters accompanied by no more than two adults.
- Non-toxic shot is required for all shotgun hunting. The possession of lead shot in the field is prohibited.
- No shooting is allowed on or from the dikes.
- No holes or pits may be dug for any purpose. Portable blinds and temporary blinds made of native vegetation may be used but must be removed within 10 days after the close of the hunting season or after the last day of use.
For more information go to KDWPT's Cheyenne Bottoms Wildlife Area Web page.