CHECKOUT IS REQUIRED AFTER HUNTING IS COMPLETE REGARDLESS OF HUNT SUCCESS.
US Army Corp of Engineer managed land does not require an electronic permit.
- Wetland Complexes
- Antioch - 30 acres
- Browns Upper - 20 acres
- Browns Lower- 19 acres
- Big Bull - 25 acres, Youth/Mentor Wetland
- Special Use Areas
- Hillsdale Wildlife Area (Undifined)
- Youth/Mentor Area - 135 acres: Adults must be accompanied by actively hunting youth 16 years old or younger.
- Refuge Area - 280 acres: Closed to all activities October 1-January 15 except through the KDWPT Special Hunt Program.
GPS: 38.66198 -94.89028
Manager: Eric Kilburg
Phone: (913) 783-4507
- Camping is permitted only within the State Park designated campgrounds.
- Off road vehicle use and target shooting is prohibited.
- Consult Office and area information signs regarding additional regulations.
- Special Handicapped hunting is available within designated areas, contact the Hillsdale State Park Office (913-783-4507).
- Attention: Trapping is authorized in areas open to hunting.
For more information go to KDWPT's Hillsdale Wildlife Area Web page.