ELECTRONIC DAILY HUNT PERMITS ARE REQUIRED PRIOR TO HUNTING AT JAMESTOWN WILDLIFE AREA, CHECKOUT IS REQUIRED AFTER HUNTING IS COMPLETE REGARDLESS OF HUNT SUCCESS.
All of Jamestown Wildlife Area is Designated NON-TOXIC SHOT!
PLEASE REGISTER ON iSPORTSMAN PROIR TO HUNTING SEASON. FEEL FREE TO CALL THE AREA OFFICE FOR ANY ASSISTANCE (785) 439-6243. Paper Daily Permits are still available at the Jamestown Headquarters.
- Puddler Marsh - 320 acres, Youth/Mentor hunting area 18 years old or younger
- Ringneck Marsh - 100 acres, Youth/Mentor hunting ares 18 years old or younger
- Gun Club Marsh - 550 acres, open to all hunting
- Marsh Creek Marsh - 550 acres, open to all hunting
- Buffalo Creek North Marsh - 100 acres, open to all hunting
- Buffalo Creek South Marsh - 100 acres, open to all hunting
- Greenwing Marsh - 10 acres, open to all hunting
- Pintail Marsh - 55 acres, open to all hunting
- Jamestown (Undifined)
- REFUGE - 800 acres, Located on the North end of the property, Closed to all activities October 1 to Janurary 31except through the KDWPT Special Hunt Program.
Jamestown, KS 66948
GPS: 39.660504 -97.894816
Wildlife Area Manager: Rob Unruh
Lovewell Office Phone: (785) 753-4971.
Wildlife Area Assistant Manager: Matt Farmer
Jamestown Office Phone: (785) 439-6243
A Google Earth Map is now available for the entire property.
For more information go to KDWPT's Jamestown Wildlife Area Web page.
Sunflowers were planted righ on time this year and are looking excellent.
Doves are also attracted to the shallow water areas found on the property.
Field #1 – 8 acres sunflower field –
Field #2 – 8 acre sunflower field -
FOR UP TO DATE WATERFOWL REPORTS AND CURRENT WATER LEVELS CLICK HERE
ALL Shotgun hunting is NON-TOXIC SHOT ONLY.
The campground is open Sept. 1 through May 1 and is free. There are no electric accomidations and there is a public rest room near the campground.