ELECTRONIC DAILY HUNT PERMITS ARE REQUIRED PRIOR TO ALL HUNTING AT MARAIS DES CYGNES WILDLIFE AREA. CHECKOUT IS REQUIRED AFTER HUNTING REGARDLESS OF HUNT SUCCESS.
All of Marais des Cygnes Wildlife Area is Designated NON-TOXIC SHOT!
- A-East - 290 acres. Outboard motors allowed in boat lane only.
- A-North - 160 acres.
- C-South - 155 acres.
- E - 80 acres.
- F-East - 110 acres.
- F-South - 90 acres.
- F-West - 90 acres.
- G - 435 acres. Outboard motors allowed.
- Marais des Cygnes (Undefined--use for all non-waterfowl hunting.)
- REFUGE AREA UNITS include: B and C North. The refuge is CLOSED to all activities year-round.
16382 Vail Rd
Pleasanton, KS 66075
GPS: N38 15.790 W94 40.788
Manager: Karl Karrow:
Phone: (913) 352-8941
Users of the Wildlife Area may also be interested in the adjacent Marais des Cygnes National Wildlife Refuge managed by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Click link to NWR Home Page for more information.
For a full-color map of both the state Wildlife Area and federal National Wildlife Refuge click Map link.
To receive the Marais des Cygnes News click the newsletter link.
- Outboard motors are prohibitted in marsh units except for the boat lane in Unit A-East and in Unit G (see above).
- Hunting from dikes, levees, or roads is prohibitted.
- No more than 2 portable stands may be placed on any Department property. Stands must be marked with user's name and address or KDWPT number. Baiting is prohibitted.
- Primitive camping is allowed in designated sites.
- Target shooting is prohibited.
- Fishing is allowed in marsh units April 15 through September 15.
For more information go to KDWPT's Marais des Cygnes Wildlife Area Web page.